How do I register my vehicle in Northern Ireland from 21st July?


As DVA Coleraine will be closed from 21st July you will no longer be able to send transfer forms and registration documents to them to register your vehicle or notify of any changes.

If you buy or sell a vehicle or need to make changes to the details on your V5C (NI) such as a change of address or change of keeper you will need to send your V5C (NI) directly to DVLA Swansea.

To notify a new keeper or changes to a vehicle send your completed registration document to DVLA Swansea SA99 1BA. If you have sold your vehicle to a motor trader send documents to DVLA Swansea SA99 1BD.

Your existing V5C (NI ) will remain valid and does not need to be changed.

Please note you can register and tax your vehicle as normal until 11th July but after this date you cannot post any forms to DVA Coleraine. Over the counter services at local DVA Offices will cease after 17th July.