When Fixing Number plates to my vehicle should I use Screws or Sticky pads?
Posted on October 4, 2010 by Number Plates
There are two options to fixing your new number plates to your vehicle:
- Self Adhesive Pads
- Self-Tapping screws with matching plastic head covers .
Advantages of Self Adhesive Pads:
- Easy to use
- No Drilling Required
- Can be removed easily
Disadvantages of Self Adhesive
- Plates may seem like a easy target with screws for potential thieves
- Not as Secure
- Number Plates and Car Surface, need to be clean and dry
Advantages of Self –Tapping Screws
- More Secure
- Vehicle Does not have to be clean and dry
Disadvantages of Self –Tapping Screws
- Requires Drilling
- More Time Consuming
- Plates are not easily removed when needed to be changed
If you order the physical number plates from Speedyreg, you will automatically be given a fixing kit, consisting, of both Self Adhesive Pads and Self-Tapping Screws.
We would advise you to space the Self Adhesive Pads as shown Below:
Probably the easiest way of fixing your number plates to your vehicle is by using our self adhesive pads. However if you are after a little more security against number plate theft, then you should use the self- tapping screws with matching plastic head covers.
When fixing you next number plates, which will you choose, Sticky Pads or Screws?