Keyword SearchSearch for number plates using any keyword!
Enter your name, year of birth, occupation, hobby or even your business
Prefix Number PlatesNumber plates that have the year letter at the beginning of the registration, for example B21 VAN.
Current Number PlatesCurrent style number plates were introduced in September 2001 and they follow the 2 digit year identifier, 3 letters format, for example XX10 VEU (Kiss Kiss Love You).
- Letters First
- Numbers First
Dateless Number PlatesRegistrations which can be transferred to any age of vehicle, for example 70 NNX.
Asian Number Plates
Why are 786 Numbers so sought after?
786 is the total value of the letters of "Bismillah al-Rahman al-Rahim". In Arabic there are two methods of arranging letters. One method is the most common method known as the alphabetical method. Here we begin with Alif, ba, ta, tha etc. The other method is known as the Abjad method or ordinal method. In this method each letter has an arithmetic value assigned to it from one to one thousand. The letters are arranged in the following order: Abjad, Hawwaz, Hutti, Kalaman, Sa'fas, Qarshat, Sakhaz, Zazagh. This arrangement was done, most probably in the 3rd century of Hijrah during the 'Abbasid period, following other Semitic languages such as Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Chaldean etc.
If you take the numeric values of all the letters of the Basmalah, according to the Abjad order, the total will be 786. In the Indian subcontinent the Abjad numerals became quite popular. Some people, mostly in India and Pakistan, use 786 as a substitute for Bismillah. They write this number to avoid writing the name of Allah or the Qur'anic ayah on ordinary papers.
The history of numerology, complex as it is, can be traced to the ancient civilisations of Egypt, Babylon, Assyria, Greece and India. This ancient art of numerology went hand in hand with the development of mathematics, geometry and trigonometry. One man who contributed most to this art was Pythagoras. In his view, all things can be expressed in numerical terms because all the science of Gematria. The Qabalist Gemetria is based on the combination of magic and philosophy which centred on twenty two letters of the Hebrew alphabet and its corresponding numbers to discover hidden meaning in the Scripture by interchanging Hebrew words whose letters have the same numerical value when added.
Some Muslim theological adventurers who called it ABJAD borrowed this science of Gemetria. Thomas Patrick Hughes, in his Dictionary of Islaam, explains ABJAD as "The name of an arithmetical arrangement of the alphabets; the letters of which have different powers from one to one thousand. It is in order of the alphabets as used by the Jews as far as 400 AD, then six remaining letters being added by Arabians."
The above group of letters spell the words: ABJAD, HAWWAZ, HUTTI, KALAMAN, SAFAS, QASHAT, SAKHAZ AND ZAZIGH. The author of the Arabic lexicon, Al-Qamoos, is of the opinion that the first six words are the names of celebrated kings of Madyan (Midian) and the last two were added by the Arabians. Some scholars believe that they are the names of the eight sons of the inventor of the Arabic character, Muramir Ibn Murra.
Having borrowed the Qabalist science of Gematria, the Muslim theological adventurers, who had nothing else to do, got down to reducing the Qur'anic verses, and even the Soorahs, to numbers. The most commonly used number is 786, which is a normally found letterhead beginning of books, pamphlets, letters, etc. We are made to believe that 786 stands for BISMILLAAHIR RAHMAANIR RAHEEM which is the very first verse of the Qur'an.
When 786 numbers were used?
- Vijay Verma's (Amitabh Bachchan} coolie number in the film Deewar (1975)
- Iqbal Khan (Screen Name of Amitabh Bachchan in Coolie) had this number for his coolie number called billa no. 786
- Amitabh Bachchan has indicated that he thinks this is an auspicious number as the film Deewar (1975) was his first big hit and while wearing this number during the shooting of the movie Coolie, he was seriously injured but survived.
- Veer Pratap Singh's (Shahrukh Khan) prisoner number in the film Veer-Zaara
- Chiranjeevi, the famous Telugu star sported this number in this film Kaidhi Number 786 as he has a considerable following amongst the muslim youth of the state of Andhra Pradesh in India
- Iqbal Khan's registered car number in India is MH-02-AN 7861
- 80786 - 7th generation x86 like Athlon and Intel Pentium 4
- The number (when entered as ##786# or *#786#, as it is coincidentally spelling ##RUN#) is used on some Cellular Telephones to gain access to hidden menus, or to access a network monitor
Over the passed two decades speedyreg.co.uk, have been supplying numerous 786 asian number plates to our customers.
Please find below our current list of asian number plates for you to choose from: