For Speedy Registrations Co. Limited
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE AND TRANSFER
1. A deposit of 25% of the overall cost will secure a registration number. A part or full payment will hold the number for a maximum of four weeks from the date of reservation, by which time we will require your completed documents and balance of payment. It is in our interest to conclude each transaction as fast as possible, however as we often rely on a donor client to fulfil his/her obligation to us in respect of the donor vehicle requirements of transfer, we cannot accept any responsibility for delays or failure caused by the keeper of the donor vehicle.
2. Our liability is strictly limited to a full refund only and no claims for damages, interest on monies paid or any other expenses will be entertained. In the event of a transfer failing you have our full money back guarantee provided you are not responsible for our inability to transfer.
3. We will require your V5 registration document and MoT (if applicable). If you are not the registered keeper of the vehicle you will need to complete the reverse side of the V5 with the name and address that you want the vehicle registered in and sign the Declaration. DVLA Swansea will register you as the keeper at the same time the transfer is completed. DO NOT send your V5 directly to the DVLA for change of keeper and DO NOT surrender the V5 at a Post Office or Registration Office for taxation purposes. If the vehicle needs re-taxing we can handle this for you at the same time as the transfer.
4. If the recipient vehicle is brand new, we require the form V55 from your supplying garage, plus your insurance and cheque payable to Department of Transport for the required amount of road tax, plus £55 first Registration Fee.
5. The current tax disc will need to be exchanged for all vehicles that are already registered and this will be requested by your Local Vehicle Licensing Office when the transfer is completed by them.
6. The transfer is carried out in accordance with the DVLA rules and issue of a new V5 bearing the new registration number shall be conclusive proof of a successful transfer.
7. Actual number plates are your responsibility, however you can order them through us if you wish to do so. Officially you should not put your number plates on the car until the transfer is completed and you have your new tax-disc in your possession.
8. The Department of Transport Fee for each Registration Number is £80. The Retention Fee is £105.
9. If for any reason the recipient requires the transfer to be returned after lodgement there is an administration fee of £50 plus VAT applicable.
We require full payment at time of purchase for prefix
and current style registrations. Registration
marks supplied from our Prefix Style and Current Style searches are supplied
specifically to the buyers requirements and are regarded as a "personalised
item" which cannot be cancelled, exchanged or refunded following the
sale. The service that we provide in selling these registrations is actioned
immediately and so, on completion of the online sales process, the buyer is
agreeing to give us their informed consent to waive their 7-day cooling off
period associated with the distance selling regulations amendment of the Sale
of Goods Act.
11. Please note all full payments and balance of payments by credit card carry a surcharge of 4%
13. An administration fee of £20+VAT shall be levied if a registration is purchased through the finance service and is subsequently cancelled. Whether this be because the finance application is declined, which subsequently means you no longer have the funds to purchase the registration and request cancellation or that before completing the finance process you choose to cancel. Should a finance application be declined but you have the funds to pay through other means then no administration fee would be due. This administration fee (which also includes our recovery of card processing costs) will be retained from the card deposit, prior to us returning the deposit to you.
We will not be liable for costs incurred for number plates prepared prior to completion of transfer.
The attached 'Questions and answers' is to be read in conjunction with and forms part of our Terms and Conditions.
Questions And Answers
Q. What happens to my present registration number?
A. Unless you want to pay an extra £80 to transfer it on to another of your vehicles, the number is voided by DVLA Swansea. The old plates are simply removed and disposed of and replaced by the new ones.
Q. What happens to my part or full payment if I change my mind before the transfer is lodged or after it has been lodged and no longer want the registration I have reserved?
A. We do not offer any refunds if you change your mind.
Q. Does the price include VAT and transfer fee?
A. The price advertised is just the price of the number, VAT and transfer fee are extra.
Q. If the transfer should fail do I get a full refund?
A. YES. We guarantee to give you an instant refund in the event of the transfer failing. However, if the failure is due to you not supplying the necessary documents within the period of time required by us no refunds will be given. Issue of the new V5 by DVLA Swansea shall be deemed proof of acceptance of the transfer.
Q. How do I know if a number is genuine?
A. The donor vehicle is inspected by The Department of Transport to ensure that it is the genuine vehicle and registration. We will take care of this. If any discrepancy is discovered the transfer will fail. Please note The Secretary Of State for Transport of their agents (the DVLA) may revoke the relevant right to a registration mark at any time for whatever reasons, and speedy Registrations cannot be held responsible in the very unlikely event of this.
Q. Does the recipient vehicle need to be inspected by the authorities?
A. Yes. The DVLCO reserve the right to inspect vehicles, however, this is very rare. For example if there was a change of construction of the vehicle the authorities may want to inspect it. Your LVLO will notify you if this was necessary.
Q. Are registration numbers good investments?
A. Values of all registration numbers have increased over the past few years and there is no reason why this trend should not continue. The Cherished Numbers Dealers Association offers a fully independent and widely recognised valuation service.
Q. How long does the transfer take?
A. The average time scale is two and a half to four weeks. In some instances transfers can take longer and the time period cannot be guaranteed, but we would keep you informed of the progress in any event. However, it should be noted that we cannot start the transfer until we have relevant documents from yourself.
Speedy Registrations has been established since 1984. We are Northern Irelands leading Registration Dealers. We are Members of The Cherished Numbers Dealers Association (C.N.D.A.), The Retail Motor Industry Federation (R..M.I.F.), Members of The Institute of Registration Agents and Dealers (M.I.R.A.D.) We offer a fast, efficient, friendly and professional service.
We follow a strict complaints procedure and two Codes of Practice. As members of the CNDA and RMI, we can offer use of an Independent Conciliation and Arbitration process. The Codes of Practice for both CNDA and RMI can be found here: