Princess Anne will be excited with The Jensen Interceptor being reborn
Posted on September 24, 2011 by Number Plates
The legendary British sports car of the 1960′s and 70′s is to be reborn for the 21st century, and go on sale again in 2014.
Plans for a new version of the much-loved Jensen Interceptor, costing up to £200,000 and with a 200mph top speed, were announced last Tuesday.
The classic Jensen Interceptor was a favorite sports car in the 60’s and 70’s among many Celebrities such as:
- Princess Anne
- Farrah Fawcett
- John Thaw
- Henry Cooper
The Jensen Interceptor Facts:
- The Jensen Interceptor was sporting Grand Tourer class car
- It was hand-built in the UK by Jensen Motors
- Was in production between 1966 and 1976
- There were only 6,408 cars ever produced
- The car is a two-door four-seater
- It broke with Jensen tradition by having a steel bodyshell instead of glass-reinforced plastic
- The body was also the first to be designed by an outside firm, Carrozzeria Touring of Italy, rather than the in-house staff
- The engine was a Chrysler V8 initially of 6276 cc
- It grew to 7212 cc in late 1971
- The Interceptor was briefly re-introduced in the 1980s as the Series 4 (S4), as a low-volume ‘specialist’ motor car
Will you be preordering The Jensen Interceptor, we would be interested in hearing your story?